I used to think that I was the only one who forgot my identity in Christ but spiritual amnesia seems to be rampant in the body of Christ. We read these truths in our Bibles and listen to life-giving messages at church and yet, we still forget.
To help us with this, I’ve curated nine key truths about who we are in Christ. Tomorrow, I will have a downloadable printable for you that you can refer to daily. As we read these truths and perhaps say them aloud, God’s truth grows bigger and bigger in our minds — in our subconscious minds and in our hearts.
The truths listed here are based on my needs. Feel free to add others that you need to be reminded of daily.
- I am a daughter — infinitely loved and accepted by my Heavenly Father. 1 Jn. 3:1
- I am a new creation. My past does not define me. 2 Cor. 5:17
- Nothing I face today is greater than my Father. 1 Jn. 4:4
- I am beautiful — fearfully and wonderfully made. Ps. 139:14
- I have the power of Christ to overcome every fear and worry. 2 Ti. 1:7
- God is my provider. I have all the resources I need to fulfill His will for my life. Phil. 4:19
- I have the Holy Spirit in me to bear the good fruits God wants me to produce.
- I can make a difference in the world by doing this one thing: pray. Lk. 18:1
- God is not done with me yet. He who began a good work in me will complete it. Phil. 1:6
What favorite truths of your identity in Christ would you add to this list?